VCAP6-DCV Design exam is a very in depth advance certification exams that requires your understanding of business requirements and translating them from conceptual, logical and physical design through a project life-cycle taking into consideration associated risks, constraints and assumptions to project realization.
In my preparation for this advance level certification, I have gathered some in depth material that will help you as you prepare towards the same certification VCAP6-DCV Design (3C0-622) exams.
- 3C0-622 Blueprint / Exam Preparation Guide v1.2 – this is the first step.
- vSphere 6 Docu – All vSphere 6 documentation covering features and release notes, compatibility and configuration limits, and many more
- Technical Papers – This site provides Technical papers that are very useful and relevant towards the exams from NSX, VSAN 6.2, vCenter Upgrades and many more.
- VMware Feature Walkthrough: Step-by-Step VMware How-to’s – (blog) – This gives a quick high level overview on VMware solutions.
- VMware Hands On Labs (HOL) – This is where you get to test drive VMware products in a virtual lab environment – play with features.
- List of recommended topologies for VMware vSphere 6.0.x (2108548)
- VMware Platform Services Controller 6.0 FAQs (2113115)
- Virtual SAN TCO Calculator
- Storage Protocol Comparison White Paper
- vSphere Networking Configuration – Advanced/Troubleshooting Notes & Tips
- Multipathing policies in ESXi 5.x and ESXi/ESX 4.x (1011340)
- VMware Virtual SAN 6.0 Design and Sizing Guide, 81 pages
- Reference Design: VMware® NSX for vSphere (NSX) Network Virtualization Design Guide, 197 pages.
I bought the following books and studied them:
- VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide by Paul McSharry, VMware Press, 208 pages
- Mastering VMware vSphere 6 by Nick Marshall, Sybex, 840 pages
- Exam simulator, excellent job by Jason Grierson (@JasonTweet7889) – forum is here
- vSphere Best Practices, Pre-requisites and requirements (231 pages, pdf) by Paul Meehan
Hands On Lab
- In order to test drive the features within the blueprint, I built up my own Lab environment on dedicated hardware and I also used VMware Workstation Pro as my nested home lab. I also use the VMware Hands On Labs (VMware HOL), when am away from home.
Other Blogs with Study Material and Exam Experiences
- And here you can find some of the exam experiences from others that I find very useful. Of course there are many sources and i will update this post with new ones when available.
- from vcdx133.com – VCAP6-DCV Design Beta Exam Recap
- from virtual-kim.com – exam experience and resources for v6
- from vroomblog.com – VCAP6 DCV (3V0-622) Design -Beta exam feedback